The below concerns individual projects / research projects, summer projects and the bachelor project.
First exam attempt
You are automatically registered for the exam, when you register for the project.
If you fail to submit your project for the the deadline of the ordinary exam, The Study Administration will contact you via email after the deadline and inform you of the following consequences:
- You have used an examination attempt.
- A new submission deadline is set for you. In most cases it will be 3 months after the original deadline, but please check the email.
Second exam attempt
You are automatically registered for the second exam attempt.
If you fail to submit your project on your second examination attempt, The Study Administration will contact you via email after the deadline and inform you of the following consequences:
- You have used two examination attempts.
In the same email Student Affairs and Programmes will ask you to choose between two options:
- Student Affairs and Programmes can register you for a 3rd exam attempt in the coming exam period.
- You register for the project yourself in the registration period and write the project in the coming semester. Read more about registering for study activities.
You must reply to this email and inform Student Affairs and Programmes about how you wish to proceed.
Third exam attempt
As noted above you have either chosen to be registered for your 3rd exam attempt or you have chosen to register yourself.
If you fail to submit your project on your third examination attempt, you will have used all your exam attempts. Be aware that if you have been ill or if other special circumstances has prevented you from submitting you can consider to:
- Apply for a fourth exam attempt. Please go to Exemptions for more information on the matter.
Both the second and the third exam attempt will have the same form as the ordinary exam.
Time and date of the re-exam
Find the submission date for project re-exams under Submission deadlines.
We will send you an email with the date and time of your oral exam, when it has been planned.
The exam will be held within four weeks after the deadline for submission.
If you have submitted a group assignment for the ordinary exam, and one or more of the group members passed, you can still submit the same assignment for the re-exam, but you cannot make any changes to it. If you choose to write and submit a new assignment, you can put the first assignment in an appendix to the re-exam assignment, and refer to or quote from it, as you would with texts in the bibliography.