The travel pool is ITU’s own pool supporting the transportation expenses of students. You can apply for the Travel Pool (Rejsepuljen) in connection with transportation expenses related to studying abroad, conferences, seminars or transportation in relation to a master thesis/final project/project abroad or in Denmark.
How to apply
To be considered, please fill in the application form. In your application you must include:
- A motivational letter with arguments for the relevance of your travels in relation to your study progress up until now and your future study plan.
- Documentation for the relevant expenses, e.g. by attaching your ticket and receipt, or a screen dump showing the estimated price on the airfare.
If studying abroad also include:
- The acceptance letter from the university you will study at
- A pre-approval of courses
If you are not going to study abroad also include either:
- A recommendation from a faculty member, that states the relevance of your travel in relation to your studies or
- Confirmation of your participation in an event (conference, seminar etc.) or other similar documentation.
Your application cannot be processed before we have received all the required documentation. You must send the application with the relevant enclosures by email to the IT University of Copenhagen, firstname.lastname@example.org
You must always hand in your application prior to your travels. Applications are considered two times a year (i.e. 1 May and 1 October).
The funding for the travel pool is limited and applicants are therefore not guaranteed support. All applications will be evaluated individually. You cannot apply as a group of students.
To finally receive the grant you must send us:
- All original travel documentation for your actual expenses in DKK.
- If you travel by airplane, it is important that you save your ticket and boarding passes.
- A travel report about your stay. It will be published on ITUstudent for inspiration to other students. Find templates here.
- A copy of the letter of nomination for the grant.
If studying abroad:
- a copy of your transcript
Be aware that you will only get your grant after having finished your travels and after having sent the travel report by email to email@example.com and handed in/sent the above-mentioned documents.