An essential part of group work is to have a clear matching of expectations, to create a common ground for the group work. Start by clarifying your individual expectations and discuss the scope of your group work. Make sure everyone agrees and consider writing a group contract as a way to formalise your agreements.
Discuss the following for your group work:
- Agree on your ambitions! What are your individual ambitions and what are your expectations of the group work?
- How often are you going to meet?
- Where and how do you meet?
- How do you want to work? Do you prepare individually?
- What is the purpose? What do you want to get from the group work?
- Is it important that you do social things in your group?
- Is it okay to be late? What do you do if you are late? Or sick?