• Gang på ITU med studerende, skybox

International students

Registration at ITU


If you are an International student and you do not have a Danish social security number (called CPR-number), you need to register at ITU in order to get your ITU-login. You do this at the IT Department.

As you need your ITU-login for a number of things, e.g. your ITU-email, we advise you to come by the IT Department as fast as possible after arriving in Denmark.

Remember to bring valid photo identification, e.g. your passport.

Registration in Denmark

Depending on whether you are a Nordic citizen, an EU/EEA citizen or a non-EU/EEA citizen, there are different registration procedures upon your arrival in Denmark. However, the common requirement for all citizens is the need to register for a Danish social security number (CPR-number). Find more information below.

A man working at a computer

CPR number

Identification card

The CPR-number is your personal social security number which gives you the right to medical treatment free of charge while living in Denmark.

The CPR-number is needed for a number of things where you need to identify yourself, e.g. creating a bank account, registering a user account at the Public Libraries and in general in all contact with Public Administration.

Once you have your CPR-number you must make sure to go to the Student Affairs and Programmes Front Desk at the IT-University so they can register your CPR-number. Read more below about the different registration procedures.