The overall goals of a bachelor project and thesis are:
• To identify, define and delimit a research problem within information technology, which relates to the field of study as defined in the curriculum*.
• To identify and analyse relevant means for resolving the research problem, such as academic theories, methods, literature, tools and other sources, as well as existing solutions to the problem.
• To combine the selected means, develop them further if necessary, and apply them in a concerted effort towards the resolution of the research problem.
• To evaluate the achieved resolution.
• To report in a coherent and stringent way the research problem, the background research, the work towards the resolution, the achieved resolution, the evaluation, and other relevant material, while adhering to the academic standards.
• To reflect upon the research problem, the chosen approach, the achieved resolution, and other findings.
* Cf. Curricula sections 2 and 3: Programme Objectives and Objectives for Learning Output