• Gang på ITU med studerende, skybox

International students

Registration at ITU


If you are an International student and you do not have a Danish social security number (called CPR-number), you need to reset your password. Once you have done that, you can access your ITU email.

Before you can use your ITU-login, you need to set up the Multi Factor Authentication. If you need help, please find more information here.

Registration in Denmark

Depending on whether you are a Nordic citizen, an EU/EEA citizen or a non-EU/EEA citizen, there are different registration procedures upon your arrival in Denmark. 

A common requirement though for all citizens is the need to register for a Danish social security number (CPR-number).
Read a more detailed description of the cpr-number at the bottom.

See below which registration option applies to you and how to apply for a CPR-number.
A man working at a computer

CPR number

Student ID card

The CPR-number is your personal social security number which gives you the right to medical treatment free of charge while living in Denmark.

The CPR-number is needed for a number of things where you need to identify yourself, e.g. creating a bank account, registering a user account at the Public Libraries and in general in all contact with Public Administration.

Once you have your CPR-number you must make sure to go to the Student Affairs and Programmes Front Desk at the IT-University so they can register your CPR-number. Read more below about the different registration procedures.